Have you been thinking of buying the best cast iron router table, but you don’t know how to find it? Well, your search is over. We have recommended it in this report.
Experienced woodworkers and carpenters already know the importance of a router table to their craft. You must have seen some pieces of furniture with elegantly complex shapes and designs. It is a router table that made them possible.
These days, router tables come in different materials. You can get them in aluminum, anodized-aluminum, and cast iron. We have tried all the three types, and we assure you that cast iron router tables are the strongest.
They are strong, tough, and they can last a lifetime. Due to their heavy-duty frame, they can withstand heavy tasks.
That is why we have combed the markets for the best of them. This report reviews the top cast iron router tables in the market. In fact, we have reviewed seven different router tables in this report.
We also want you to know that we didn’t just pick seven router tables at random. Rather, we tested many of them and took note of their reviews.
After comparing their features, we came up with the seven router tables below.
They are the best ten. We even reviewed each of them separately to help you make your decision. Also, we chose the best among them. So, instead of searching all over the market, you can easily pick the best router table in this report, or pick any other one from here.
They are all good products. They are the best seven among over 40 cast iron router tables. Please, sit back and read the report to the end.
- 1 Our Picks of 7 Best Cast Iron Router Table Review:
- 1.1 1. Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table
- 1.2 2. SawStop RT-FS Assembly: Cast Iron Router Table
- 1.3 3. Bench Dog 40-100 ProMAX Cast Iron Router Table
- 1.4 4. MLCS 2397 Extension Cast Iron Router Table
- 2 Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Cast Iron Router Table?
- 3 How to Cut Dovetails On a Router Table?
- 4 Final Verdict
Our Picks of 7 Best Cast Iron Router Table Review:
1. Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table
We decided to review this router table first because it is the best on our list. First of all, you need to know that it comes with a lifetime warranty. This alone already confirms our claim that cast iron router tables can last a lifetime. This router table fits all contractor-grade table saws.
Its proFence can be installed and dismounted effortlessly. This table saw is ideal for small workshops. It is made of cast iron, so it is very tough and strong.
Since it is portable, you’ll be able to save some space with it. The table also has a T-slot that allows users to add accessories as they choose.
One of the reasons why it is the best is because it is versatile. You can use it to route metal, plastic, wood, and other materials. We also observe that its sturdiness prevents unnecessary vibrations. You will love its dust collector that makes your workshop less messy.
Since its fence is rigid, it locks down tightly.You need this feature for complex and delicate cuts. Now, what really dazzled us is how this router table managed to offer all these features in spite of its portability.
It is quite awesome, and we have no doubt that it is the best among the ten router tables reviewed here.
- This cast iron table is the best here.
- Its sturdy frame reduces unnecessary vibrations.
- The top of the table is very smooth.
- Being portable helps to conserve some space.
- An Amazon rating of 4.6 stars is really impressive.
- Its dust collector helps to keep your workshop tidy.
- There are T-slots for the additions of other accessories.
- The table is also designed to work with table saws.
- You can use it cast iron table to route wood, plastic, or metal.
- Its durability is certain.
- We also love its lifetime warranty.
2. SawStop RT-FS Assembly: Cast Iron Router Table
This is another router table that we love. It is one of the best in the market. This table offers a rare combination of both durability and precision.
Its precision fence features two adjustable fence faces and jointing shims. Its dust port saves you the stress of cleaning your workshop every single time you use your router table.
It may also interest you to know that it has adjustable scales. The table’s rubber feet can be adjusted on uneven floors. With its caster kit, mobility will be as easy as a breeze.
We also love its lifting lever, although we hardly used it. This table is compatible with various brands of feather boards, flip stops, and other accessories.
We must also mention its high level of accuracy because all woodworkers love accuracy. Since it is made of cast iron, vibrations will be limited.
Apart from its caster kit and dust port, we also found bit guards in its pack. It weighs 154 pounds and has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- This router table offers precision.
- It is designed for accuracy.
- Although it weighs 154 pounds, its caster kit will make mobility very easy.
- This cast iron table comes with a dust port.
- You will find some bit guards in its pack.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars says it all.
- It is compatible with various brands of feather boards and other accessories.
- With its lifting lever, you can easily lift it.
3. Bench Dog 40-100 ProMAX Cast Iron Router Table
This router table is large and flat. No doubt, it produces high quality works. It has dual T-tracks. One is a standard miter slot, while the other is a universal T-track for accessories. The universal T-track is perfect for feather boards, stops, and hold-downs. There’s a dust bucket for the collection of dust.
It has only two casters, so you’ll have to tip it before you push it around. Nevertheless, the casters help to simplify the table’s mobility. It gives you about 5-square feet of work surface.
A weight of 91 pounds isn’t bad since it has casters for mobility. Like the other Bench Dog router table, this one also comes with a lifetime warranty.
When we checked its box, we found a bit guard, a dust port, a router lift, ProFence, a steel cabinet, and the cast iron table. Users love it because of its very flat surface.
Finally, it has an Amazon rating of 3.2 stars.
- This router table offers 5 square feet of workspace.
- Its surface is also very flat.
- With its two casters, you can easily tip it and move it around.
- It comes with a dust port.
- A weight of 91 pounds isn’t bad.
- An Amazon rating of 3.2 stars is a fair deal.
- You will love its lifetime warranty.
- This cast iron table comes with a steel cabinet.
4. MLCS 2397 Extension Cast Iron Router Table
Like all the other cast iron router tables, this one also reduces vibrations because of its sturdy frame. We also love its very flat table surface, which makes your work very easy. It is designed to work with a table saw so you can easily mount a table saw on it.
Its router insert has removable rings, and that means you can install and remove a router on the table more easily. Its extra tall split fence is worthy of mention as well.
The fence is 6 inches high. Its safety guard will protect you. Our team also appreciates its aluminum miter track.
When not in use, you can store its fence on two hooks under the table. The router table weighs 69.2 pounds. It also has an Amazon rating of 3 stars.
Finally, we can assure you of its durability and ease of use.
- This router table is durable.
- You can easily use this cast iron table.
- Its Amazon rating is 3 stars.
- The table weighs 69.2 pounds.
- You can easily mount a table saw on it.
- Its tall split fence is 6 inches tall.
- You will love its aluminum miter track that is resistant to rust.
- Its sturdy frame helps to reduce vibration.
- The cast iron table is very flat.
5. SawStop RT-BT Assembly: Benchtop Router Table
This router table has the same features as the other SawStop router table above. You will get both precision and durability from it.
Also, we noticed that it has a unique design. No router table comes near it in looks. You will love its effective dust port that prevents your workshop from being messy.
If you are using it on an uneven floor, you can adjust its feet. The router table is compatible with different brands of accessories. It reduces vibrations, and it offers a high level of accuracy.
In addition, it comes with a bit guard. It weighs 92 pounds. Also, its dimension of 16 by 32 by 21.2 inches makes it portable. We must also let you know that it is tough and durable.
- This cast iron table offers a high level of accuracy.
- It also offers precision.
- You can be sure of its durability.
- This cast iron comes with a dust port.
- It is compatible with various brands of feather boards and other accessories.
- You will find some bit guards in its pack.
- It weighs 92 pounds.
- The router table has a dimension of 16 by 32 by 21.2 inches.
6. Jet 737000CK Router Lift
This is one of the heaviest and strongest cast iron router tables in the market. It offers a high level of customizability. That is why all its components are sold separately.
The stand is heavy-duty, and it has storage for the router bit. It has a versatile fence system that has a wide variety of flip stops, feather boards, and other accessories.
You will love its precision router lift that has above-the-table adjustments. This makes for ease of use and a better user experience. You have the option of going for the one with the MDF top or the one with a cast iron top. One is for durability, while the other is for affordability.
It has an enclosed dust box around the router, in addition to another dust collection point in the fence, which takes the dust at the point of the cut.
There’s onboard storage for miter gauge and other accessories. The micro-adjust fence gives you maximum accuracy when routing. Finally, it weighs 229 pounds, and it comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The router table comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It weighs 229 pounds.
- Due to its heavy-duty frame, you won’t have vibration issues.
- It comes in two variants- MDF top and cast iron top.
- The surface of the table is very flat.
- There’s an on-board storage unit for miter gauge and other accessories.
- It offers durability and affordability.
- You can customize it to your satisfaction.
- Also, it has a high level of accuracy.
7. Rebel W2000 Cast Iron Router Table
This router table is very easy to use. Also, we were able to set it up easily. Its surface is large enough for large production runs. It also offers a high level of precision. It has a miter gauge with three adjustable stops.
We found a safety guard in its pack.
If accuracy is a priority for you, this router table should top your consideration list. It has a dimension of 24 by 17 by 18 inches. You will also get two adjustable fences. It has a dust port, a safety guard, and a miter gauge. Weighing only 64 pounds makes it portable. Its user manual is simplified, and we were able to follow it more easily.
The router table is stable, and its surface is flat. Due to its sturdy nature, you won’t get any vibration while working on it.
- You can set up this router table easily.
- It weighs only 64 pounds.
- You can also use it easily, especially if you can follow instructions.
- The user manual offers simple-to-follow instructions.
- The heavy-duty frame of this device makes for durability.
- This cast iron table comes with a safety guard.
- The table has a miter gauge and three stops.
- This cast iron table offers precision and accuracy.
- The top of the table is flat.
- It is also portable.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Cast Iron Router Table?
When it comes to buying a router table, you can’t just rush to purchase anyone. You could get the wrong one. You need to take your time and apply the tips given below.
1. Puck the one recommended below
In our final verdict below, we have recommended a cast iron router table. The product is better than most other router tables by far. We will advise you to purchase it, and you will be glad you did.
You don’t have to start doing your research from scratch. It is smart for you to pick the recommended one since we have done the research for you.
Even if you decide to carry out your search, you may be misled because many products are advertised with features they don’t have. That is why we only state features we see in a product, and not the ones advertised about them.
In other words, choose the Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table. You’ll be glad you did.
2. Choose any other one
In case you are on a tight budget and the price of the recommended router table is higher than your budget, you may need to select any other one from this report. We have tested them all. We assure you that all of them are great products.
3. Purchase the table from Amazon
Router tables are sold in many stores, but we will advise you to buy yours from Amazon. First, Amazon offers highly competitive prices. You are likely to get the best deal on Amazon. Secondly, if you buy it from the platform, you will be damn sure that you are buying original products.
Finally, Amazon offers a 30-day return window. So, if for some reason, you don’t like the router table, you can return it easily before the return window closes after 30 days.
4. Read user manuals
Most people ignore the user manual of their appliances until there is a problem. They don’t know that they may have been able to avert the problem if they had gone through the manual.
We are not experts, but we were able to set up and use numerous router tables because we usually take the time to read user manuals. You should always do the same.
5. Give an honest review
User reviews have helped us tremendously in our general assessment. So, we encourage every user to take the time to give their own honest review that will help potential buyers make the necessary decision. Reviews usually boost the credibility of any product.
How to Cut Dovetails On a Router Table?
To cut dovetails, you must first understand what dovetails are. Dovetails are joints made between two flat pieces of wood, forming a 90 degrees angle. Both pieces of wood have protruding tails and inward pins.
The tails of one part go into the pins of the other, and vice-versa. The more they fit into each other, the firmer your dovetail joint will be.
1. First Step
Decide the width and length of each tail and pin. Measure out the length and width, and mark them with a pencil on both pieces of wood. The measurement of the tails of wood A must tally with the measurement of the pins of wood B. It goes the other way as well. You can designate one piece of wood as the tailboard and the other the pinboard.
2. Second Step
Position the tailboard on the router table, clamp it firmly and run it through the bit to cut out the first tail. Do the same for the other tails, depending on the number of tails you have marked out for the tailboard. You must run it through the bit slowly to avoid a tear-out.
3. Third Step
Change the router bit. You need to understand that cutting the pins on the pinboard requires another type of router bit. So, you must have the appropriate bits for both of them. So, position the pinboard on the router table and clamp it firmly.
Gently run it through the bit to cut the pin. You have to do the same thing several times to cut as many pins as you set out to cut.
4. Fourth Step
Assess the tails and pins on both boards, to be sure that you have cut them perfectly. After that, you can try to fit one into the other. If you have cut it properly, it should not go in easily. If it goes in easily, the joint won’t be firm. It means you didn’t cut it properly.
On the other hand, if it is tight, you have probably done a good job. So, you may need to use a hammer or mallet to tap one board into the other. If you are a beginner, we will advise you to do it under the supervision of an expert because you may not get it right the first time.
Four of how members tried this task, but only one of us got it right at the first attempt. Others got in the second or third attempt. It will also help a lot to have a dovetailed joint around to serve as a guide.
After much deliberation, we all agreed that the best cast iron router table is the Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table. First of all, its lifetime warranty is a game-changer.
Another feature that we considered is its versatility. You can use this router to cut through metal, plastic, and wood. We also found out that the table is designed to work with any table saw.
Being sturdy and heavy prevents vibration. Also, its dust collector will always keep your workshop tidy. Remember, we told you that it has T-slots for the additions of other accessories.
In spite of all these features, the router table is portable. We are glad to recommend it to you.